Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
At Mr Cycling World we are committed to offering you a safe and pleasant shopping experience so if a mishap occurs, we are here to help you. For this reason we’ve developed an easy-to-read returns page – right here!
Reasons for Return
There are a number of reasons why you may wish to return your goods, each summarised below:
- Order delivered late: This falls under the ‘change of mind‘ category, see below.
- Not satisfied with product: This falls under the ‘change of mind‘ category, see below.
- Product is faulty: This falls under the ‘faulty or incorrect‘ category, see below.
- Product is significantly not as described on our website: This falls under the ‘faulty or incorrect‘ category, see below.
What cannot be returned
Not everything is valid for return. For the purposes of clarity, they are:
- Product is determined to have been incorrectly/poorly installed or maintained.
- Product was ordered as a ‘Preorder’, or a ‘Special Order’, or a ‘Backorder’, or a ‘Custom Production’ order, or as part of a ‘Wholesale’ order, or as part of a ‘Bulk’ order,
- Product is listed in the ‘Clearance’ category
- Tyres/tubes that have been mounted/installed, even if not fully
- Bicycle shorts that have been tried on (due to health regulations)
- DVD’s that have been opened
- 7 days to advise (faulty or incorrect goods): If you receive an incorrect or faulty item in your order please advise us within 7 days of delivery. Outside of this timeframe your request will be handled as a ‘change of mind’.
- 90 days to claim (change of mind): For change of mind, we offer a generous 90 day timeframe for submitting a returns claim, that being 90 days after you placed the order. Outside of this timeframe your request will be denied.
- 7 days to return: Once your return request is approved, you have 7 days to return it. Outside of this timeframe your return may not be accepted.
- 7 days to process: Please allow us 7 days to process your return after we have received it.
- 7 days to refund: Please allow the payment provider or bank approximately 7 days to receive your refund.
Change of Mind
In order for us to provide you with a refund, all change of mind returns must be in brand new, unused, unopened and re-saleable condition with all original outer packaging intact.
Clothing/helmets/sunglasses must not be worn, used or altered in anyway. All products must be returned neatly packaged in their original packaging with all included accessories for a refund to be issued.
We reserve the right to assess the condition of the returned product/s prior to offering a refund or credit.
You must follow the instructions as offered to you in the returns procedure.
Return delivery costs:
Return delivery charges are your responsibility. Unfortunately, we cannot be held responsible for lost, stolen or damaged return deliveries. We recommend that you return the product/s to us securely packaged in the same or similar packaging the items were received in so they are not damaged in transit back to us and use a trackable method of postage.
You will be entitled to a refund, or credit equal to the cost of the products only, excluding any original or return delivery charges. All refunds will be issued via the same method used to purchase the items.
Restocking & admin fee:
In light of certain situations where customers have attempted to exploit our free shipping offer, our returns policy seeks to address such scenarios.
With all chosen payment methods, the refund will incur a restocking and administration fee, as calculated below:
Standard order (shipping paid by customer):
- Option 1: Refund minus 20% restocking & admin fee, or
- Option 2: Store credit minus a 10% restocking & admin fee.
Free shipping promotion accepted by customer:
- Option 1: Refund minus the shipping cost that would have been applicable if the order no longer met the free shipping threshold, minus a 20% restocking & admin fee, or
- Option 2: Store credit minus the shipping cost that would have been applicable if the order no longer met the free shipping threshold, minus a 10% restocking & admin fee.
Our gesture regarding change of mind returns is extended in a spirit of goodwill, and we anticipate reciprocal cooperation. If there are indications of misuse or if interactions have been less than respectful, we retain the right to retract this gesture at any point and for any reason.
Faulty or Incorrect
If you believe you have received a faulty or incorrect product please contact us within the aforementioned timeframes so we can resolve the issue promptly for you.
Returned products need to be in the original packaging. Product concerns that do not impair the item or it’s intended purpose will be handled under our change of mind return policy. If a defective item is contained within a part/set/pack we may at our discretion allow you to keep the entire part/set/pack and provide you with a partial refund only.
Instead of returning damaged goods, we may ask for photos of the item/s as we must be able to assess items before approving any refund/replacement claims. We will not be able to provide a refund or credit for any item already disposed of or without photo confirmation clearly showing the fault/damage.
Your original delivery charges will only be refunded when your entire order is defective, incorrect, or did not match the description and only after we have received it. We do not have the facility to offer prepaid return labels.
Please note if your request is received outside of the timeframe your situation is then rolled over to a ‘change of mind’ request.
Tyres and Tubes Information
We only sell quality tyres and tubes made by premier manufacturers such as Positz, Schwalbe etc. They are quality checked and should arrive to you in perfect condition.
Please fully inspect the tube before installation for any defects and report any issues to us immediately (we cannot accept claims if the tube has been installed). Bicycle tube inflation requires special knowledge and care as incorrect installation techniques may cause the tube to puncture. These factors may cause you to assume there is a fault with the tube when, in fact, there is not, and therefore we are unfortunately unable to accept claims for faulty tubes once installation attempts have been made.
Damage caused when fitting the tube and/or tyre or from wear and tear are not covered under any circumstances. Flat tubes as a result of poor installation is unfortunately common; email us if you need assistance on how to install them correctly.
Additionally be aware that punctures are an unfortunate consequence of the great sport of cycling. Every cyclist experiences flats at some stage, and no tyre or tube is completely “puncture proof”.
Request for Exchange
To avoid confusion we don’t offer exchanges. Instead we will issue a store credit to which you can apply to your next order of the correct item.
Please refer to our cancellation policy.
Ready to commence with a return? Please email us the details and we’ll reply with specific instructions for your situation.