Limar Air Speed Road Bike Helmet More aerodynamics than ever that has been developed and projected with Team Astana. The Air Speed has been tested with other helmets to check the aerodynamic resistance inside the Wind Tunnel in Magny-Cours, in France, turning out to be the best at an average speed of 40 km/h. It has been shown by certified studies that the bicycle with which you compete counts for about 20% per cent of the aerodynamic resistance, while the remaining 80% is made up of the athlete in the saddle. In these terms, the helmet is definitely the fundamental element to minimize the frontal area and therefore determine a better aerodynamic penetration.
And this is where we wanted to go beyond the wind tunnel tests. Not only with three-dimensional simulation supports with CFD software, but also taking into account the numerous variables dictated by the real effort required on the road and, in particular, in competitive competitions, when the rider hardly stays still in the saddle in the same position, and moves the head countless times.
And here Limar Air Speed enters the scene, the designers have found the perfect combination of aerodynamic advantage (wind tunnel test) and better dynamics both on open roads and in velodrome (test in real environmental conditions). Just during one of the recent road training in Calp and tests carried out indoors in the Valencia velodrome, the riders of Team Astana were able to really test the helmet and touch the characteristics that make AIR SPEED the ideal helmet, and remain enthusiastic about it.
- Technology: Mono shell in-mould
- Air vents: 12 air vents, 3 longitudinal inner air flow channels
- Sizing system: Air Fit-System with height adjustment and webbing connection
- Pads: Antibacterial and washable comfort pads
- Fit: Pro
- Size (cm): M (54-58) – L (57-61)
- Weight (g): M 250 – L 270
Please measure your head circumference to get the right helmet size.